Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are your rules and restrictions?
A: We’re laid back, but we still have a few simple rules. Some tips to ensure your safe, happy and friendly Huntington Beach experience!
Check In: 4:00 p.m.
Check Out: 11:00 a.m.
No Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside our cottages; if you plan to smoke, please do so outside.
Help: During your stay, we are available for you. If you have a problem or need, please let us know so we may assist you. Please contact the manager Shirley.
Noise Ordinance: Please review the Noise Ordinance Rules in our TOU.
You must be at least 25 years of age and able to enter legally binding contracts
Q: What is the difference between the cottages (Cottage 1 and Cottage 2, and Cottage 3-Premium), the 3 bedroom unit and studio? Why are they all different in pricing?
A: Cottage 1 is slightly larger than Cottage 2, is on its own lot, has a larger patio and includes a two car garage. The price difference accounts for these variations.
Cottage 2 is on the same lot as cottage 3, however, both have their own private entrances. We provide assigned outdoor parking for Cottage 2.
Cottage 3 has an attached one car garage, and another car can park on the driveway. Some guests have stayed in both cottages, and some prefer Cottage 1 while others prefer Cottage 2; it is a matter of personal preference. Cottage 3 is the largest cottage among the three cottages and we just finished completely refurnished it with brand new furniture and appliances.
The 3 bedroom unit and studio were completely remodeled in July 2012 and just became available with brand new furniture and appliances. The 3 bedroom unit has its own side yard equipped with gas barbecue grill and outdoor shower to wash off the sand when you come back from the beach.
Q: How big are the vacations rentals?
A: These are estimated sizes –
Cottage 1 is 800 sq. ft.
Cottage 2 is 750 sq. ft.
Cottage 3 is 1000 sq. ft.
3 bedroom upstairs unit is 1,100 sq. ft.
Studio is 250 sq.ft.
* Please note cottage 2 and cottage 3 are on the same lot.
Q: How are you different from a hotel?
A: We feel we have more to offer. The houses are bigger than what a hotel can offer. We are closer to Main St. and the Pier than the major hotels. We have a full kitchen, washer and dryer, a yard with hot/cold outdoor shower, a patio to BBQ, 2 parking spaces (no charge), more privacy, boogie boards, surfboard, bikes, and beach equipment. We feel we are cleaner and less expensive than the hotels in the area.
Q: How far a walk is it to the beach, pier and Main Street?
A: The walk to the beach, pier, and Main Street is literally 3-5 minutes at most. About 1 block (100 yards) to Main St. and about 2 blocks (200 yards) to the pier and sand.
Q: Is there a grocery store within walking distance?
A: The nearest full size grocery store is about 1 mile away. CVS and small convenience stores are available within walking distance. There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance.
Q: Do I need a car while staying in Huntington Beach?
A: Some of our guests have gone without a vehicle while in Huntington Beach, preferring to dine in the local restaurants within walking distance and simply enjoy the nearby activities. Other guests however planning to visit other attractions such as Disneyland, and/or preferring to cook their own meals and requiring more supplies, might find that having a vehicle while in Huntington Beach is preferable.
Q: Do you allow pets?
A: Small pets are allowed (under 25 lbs) in Cottage 1 only with prior notice and approval. Pets are absolutely not allowed in Cottage 2, Cottage 3, 3 Bedroom upstairs unit & studio.
Q: What are the rules for pets?
(218 3rd Street). NO PETS ARE ALLOWED under any circumstances in any of our other properties.
A pet security deposit may be required. Special rules must be followed:
· Pets are not allowed unless property owner has given prior approval in writing. Approval is dependent on the size and breed of the pets due to insurance prohibitions (our insurance carrier does not allow Dobermans, Rottweilers or Pitbulls or any related mixed breeds). If your pet is permitted, then you are responsible for all damages and/or liabilities associated with your pet on the premises. There is a minimum non-refundable pet fee of $50. An extra fee may be applied if there are excessive cleaning and/or repairs incurred from your pet.
· If you bring your pet without prior approval, we may request that you remove your pet from the premises. If you decide to leave with your pet prior to your scheduled departure date, the cleaning fees and rental fees already paid may become non-refundable.
· Pets must always be on a leash when outside;
· All pet waste must be immediately removed and put into trash cans;
· Excessive barking must be stopped by removal of the pet. Excessive barking will result in eviction of pet(s). Pet(s) will have to be boarded in kennel if they disturb the peace of other tenants.
· PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON FURNITURE OR BEDDING.
· Current vet certificates must be provided, as well as proof of a flea/tick preventative program.
· Excessive pet hair will incur an extra cleaning fee. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all damages caused by your pet and/or caused by other pets on the property.
Q. Are the cottages clean?
A. We know this is very important and we take great pride in the cleanliness of our cottages. We often get comments from guests as to how clean the cottages are. We have never had a complaint as to the cleanliness.
Q: Are there phones in the cottages?
A: There are no phones in the cottages. We do have great coverage for your own cell phones.
Q: Is the internet availability?
A: We do have wifi so bring your laptop computers.
Huntington Beach Cottages
HAVE A QUESTION? GET IN TOUCH